- Children of Dune | Book ReviewThe only sensible way to start this review is to acknowledge that Children of Dune was a wild ride from start to finish. It is undoubtedly one of the best books I’ve read in the recent past. At the very base level, there was a huge change in how much I cared about these charactersContinue reading “Children of Dune | Book Review”
- Killer Clowns and… President Trump?Yes, this is a book review. Yes, the title will make sense in time. It’s been so long since I’ve written a blog post here. I’m not exactly sure what happened. I just sort of lost my enthusiasm and let myself slip away from my weekly posts. Soon enough, I figured it didn’t much matterContinue reading “Killer Clowns and… President Trump?”
- Crocs vs. Old Men in the WoodsGuess who has a new podcast episode up today? This girl! And this girl’s sister! This week, we read Chapters 1-6 of The Knife of Never Letting Go (the first installation in the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness) and recorded our first ever book talk. We discuss a wide variety of topics, ranging fromContinue reading “Crocs vs. Old Men in the Woods”
- I Started a Podcast – We Talk BooksOn December 31st, my sister and I recorded the very first episode of our podcast, We Talk Books. As suggested by the title, it is essentially a two woman book club in which we read part of a book each week, then discuss which characters we like, who we don’t, what scenes we like andContinue reading “I Started a Podcast – We Talk Books”
- Godly Lions and Blogging PlatformsHello, my fellow book nerds! Welcome back to another life update nobody asked for. I explained in my last post that I am considering switching platforms due to some of my issues with WordPress, the main one being the deletion of sites very suddenly and without warning. As you can likely imagine, this is justContinue reading “Godly Lions and Blogging Platforms”
Hi, I’m Brooke. I am a full-time college student and full-time book enthusiast. I recently published my debut novel, The Half Theft — if you’re a fan of the young adult or suspense genres, you might want to check it out. Welcome to my blog! Feel free to take a look around and stay for a while.
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.