- Dear Dune, Stop Making Me CryNo, seriously. Dune Messiah hurt my feelings. And I thought Dune was sad? Its sequel was a punch in the heart. Yet I liked it—a lot. I would give it somewhere between three-and-a-half and four stars. Maybe three-and-three-quarters? That’s an irritatingly specific rating. Yikes. To start with the good news, I finally really felt aContinue reading “Dear Dune, Stop Making Me Cry”
- Finally Fall Book TagMore like finally doing this book tag. I mean gosh, it’s already snowed at my house! I better hurry up and do this before I run out of time. Thank you to Cherelle the Bibliophile for the tag! I love how welcoming the book blogging community is. You’re all so great! I don’t really knowContinue reading “Finally Fall Book Tag”
- The 7 1/2 Reasons I Wish I Hadn’t Read Evelyn HardcastleOkay, so there aren’t actually 7 1/2. It’s just a joke. Like, The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle? Get it? Anyway… I need you to believe me when I tell you this: I do not like writing a negative book review, because I know how hard authors work. Really, it doesn’t make me feelContinue reading “The 7 1/2 Reasons I Wish I Hadn’t Read Evelyn Hardcastle”
- I Wrote a Book!I have some exciting news (at least for me). I am officially an author! My debut novel, The Half Theft (by Brooke Nelson), is a young adult suspense story I have been working on for years. For those of you who prefer books that are part of a series, you will be happy to hear it isContinue reading “I Wrote a Book!”
- Saviors, Slayers, and Strong WomenIt’s time for WWW Wednesday! In case you haven’t come upon one of these posts in the past, they are just a fun way to look at our current reading experiences. The three Ws are: What is the last book I read? What book am I currently reading? What do I think I will readContinue reading “Saviors, Slayers, and Strong Women”
Hi, I’m Brooke. I am a full-time college student and full-time book enthusiast. I recently finished writing my debut novel, The Half Theft — if you’re a fan of the young adult genre, you might want to check it out. Welcome to my blog! Feel free to take a look around and stay for a while.
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.